So you’re very comfortable using Gmail to Send & Receive all of your personal emails, and quite possibly have been using it for business as well.
However, now you have a fancy new Domain name that comes with its own email system, but you’re not quite ready to leave Gmail for Outlook or Apple Mail. We have put together a quick guide to help you set up your GoDaddy email to Send & Receive through your Gmail Account.
Step 1: Setup GoDaddy MX Records
There are currently 2 ways of setting the MX Records in GoDaddy to the correct Google MX Records.
Follow the link [https://integrate.godaddy.com/google/gmail-domain.aspx], this will bring you to a Gmail > GoDaddy MX Connection page. You will log into your GoDaddy account through this portal and when you do, your MX Records will Automatically update in GoDaddy. Boom, Done.
Ok, so if you noticed in the screenshot above, GoDaddy will be discontinuing the Auto-Connect for Gmail on October 31, 2015. Manual will be your bread-and-butter until another option is created.
First, let’s find the Google MX Records – Those are located in the Google Support [here]. Next comes the fun part…
- Log Into your GoDaddy Account
- Click the “MANAGE” button next to [Domains]
- For the Domain you wish to set up the Email with, Click the COG Wheel > Manage DNS
- Now, you’ll need to do two things. Right under where is says ZONE FILE > Click Add Record – A window will appear and you’ll begin to add the Google MX Records.
- When you finish entering the records, make sure you Save your Changes. When done, your new MX Records should look like the following screenshot. Be sure to delete any non-Google records. You can always reset to the original GoDaddy records.
Step 2: Adding Your Email Account to Gmail
This is simply a sequence of events and should be easy to follow, so let’s begin.
- Log Into Gmail
- Click the COG Wheel located at the Top Right of your screen
- Select “Settings”
- From the Settings Page, Click the “Accounts and Import” tab
- The 4th Option down, “Check mail from..” > Click “Add a POP3 mail account you own”
- A Pop-Up window will appear, follow the Steps: Use the screenshots below to help.
- Once you have verified the email, your GoDaddy email will start being loaded into your Gmail account.